21 March 2006


I’m feeling a wee bit sorry for myself today my arms hurt, my legs hurt, my hips hurt oh and my feet are sore, and the backs just the same as usual. Diazepam you are my friend! Okay I have to admit my current problems are self induced so no need to feel sympathetic, just in case the emotion passed over you.

For my birthday I was given a wonderful game for the PS2 with which to use the Eye Toy thingy, I was given some time ago. Well god knows what the neighbours thought if they walked past the house over the last couple of days.

Picture this, you walk past the house where people have just moved into the neighbourhood, and begin to ponder, “What are they like? Will they fit in etc?” And you are met with a major site for sore eyes. Namely two adult women jumping around waving arms, ducking, leaping, stretching, running on the spot and saluting! Oh my god what on earth are they doing? Actually I roared loads to myself at the thought of what others may think up to offer reasoning for our actions. Even now thinking about the images we must have portrayed brings a smile to my face.

All I can say is Eye Toy games rock! Ok you have to get over the self conscious moment of realising the lumpy doughnut on your own TV screen is in fact you. And also conquer the fact that you look a complete fool but once you get involved it becomes highly addictive and dare I say competitive. Well I say competitive but obviously as it’s my game then I always win, that’s just the rules!

The game we’ve got is Eye Toy play and you end up competing against each other in a series of events in an athletics/sporting vein or silly party games, basically anything that makes you forget you had any self respect as you launch into a series of arm waving and body movements. In fact the more movement you do the better! Flailing arms are super; you get mega bonus points when doing the virtual window washing game!

The downside to all this is the day after, when you discover that your energetic leaps to scale the virtual hurdles have left your legs feeling like lead the next day and that your arms no longer wish to raise. At least it made me feel slightly virtuous and less guilty when I reached for one of the peanut cookies I baked the next day (yes I do have a go at baking occasionally!)

Evidently I have now decided the PS2 is to be the source of my entrance back into the realms of physical fitness as a dance mat has appeared and I’m now tackling the whole coordination thing, with see thing on screen and stamp foot to where it tells you. I definitely do not have rhythm! I never asserted I did to be fair. I recall in the days when I used to go clubbing, that copious amounts of alcohol had to be consumed before I embarked upon the dance floor after which I was certain I could dance, albeit not in time with the music, mind you by this point I didn’t really care! I do however accept other viewing my attempts at dancing to be rather analogous to suffering a bodily fit, obviously I cannot see any similarities to that comparison, cause I am such a good dancer

At least my PS2 activities at home enable me to avoid trudging to the local gym to position myself next to skinny individuals who really shouldn’t be there and should instead be safely tucked up at home stuffing fattening foods into their malnourished bodies. Okay yeah I admit it I’m jealous!


I shall leave you now, as I need to reach for my heat pack in an effort to ease the cramp like pain in my legs and arms! Hey but it was wroth it, I haven’t laughed so much in ages. I must however remember to warm up and stretch and cool down and stretch after.. yeah right as if that's going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home