03 April 2006

Errr… So I got tagged, which apparently means I have to answer the following questions or?…. Goodness knows! So here goes, as I would ever wish to be abiding by Cher’s request, mind you one day I really must refuse her requests if only to find out what the punishments might well be!

Who was your first prom date? Prom… I presume this is some form of party thing that is popular in the States? As such we were never given the pleasure of such a pastime, although there was the odd school disco now and then (and please note there should really be extra emphasis on the ODD!) Date… ermmm… how do I come to terms with the fact that in my school years dating didn’t come into it? Oh heck, I have and am I emotianally scarred and traumatised? No I don’t think so, though if you whisper as I walk past I may freak out a little, of course I am totally in control.

Who were your first roommate(s)? Some chaps whose names I can’t recall thank goodness, as it was while living in a squat and it was truly a squat. Looking back I can’t believe how unclean the place was, but hey it was a safe haven (ish).

What alcoholic beverage did you drink the first time you got drunk? OMG the trauma of recalling that time, how could you make me answer such a thing??? It was whiskey ewwwwwww… still now I cannot even take a whiff of it without the stomach churning and the dry heaving. I recall at the time I didn’t like the taste and to mask it I mixed it with, of all things, powdered orange drink. Double ewwwwww…. I was so so ill that day, maybe this contributed to my capabilities to control my drinking levels now?

What was your first job? Fruit picking, well actually more fruit eating than picking. Hey I got paid to eat nice scrummy strawberries. Well that’s not strictly true I was meant to be putting them in punnets to sell on, but more found their way into my mouth than the punnets. I so love strawberries!

What was your first car? A VW Polo which I had to start by tapping a hammer (very carefully) on the starter motor thing in the engine else it would turn over and start. It was Silver and I got rid of it to my ex’s sister for a fair price I might add!

When did you go to your first funeral? That would be my grandfathers and I think I was about 8 or 9 but appallingly I couldn’t say for sure.

How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? That would be between my 14th & 15th Birthday. It was something I had to do as living at home was pure hell then. Hence how I ended up in a wonderous squat.

Who was your first grade teacher? Ermmm can’t think, now if you’d asked me to name a teacher who I admired (okay adored) now that would be a different kettle of fish altogether!

Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? That would be Spain, when I was about 7 for a summer holiday.

When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with? From the age of about 12, I mastered the whole climbing out of window upstairs, with a little shimmy across the sloping roof. (Note if you face toward the roof it’s easier). Finally reaching the dividing point between our house and next doors, enabling me to hop down delicately (shush cant make a noise) onto the fencing, before commando crawllng past the patio doors and then away up the drive! I knew watching programmes like the Proffessionals and playing action man with the boys would help! And the reason for my escapte? A Tryst with my then partner.

Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? That would be a split between Nicola Crofton and Alison Jones. Haven’t heard from the latter since secondary school, but caught up with the former through
http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/ albeit very briefly.

Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents' house? A glorious squat! After which my sister took pity on me and let me kip in the lounge of her shared house.

Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Myself! Did you not realise I had multiple personalities. No honestly, probably my partner, but if not then my buddy Tanya.

Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsman? Brian and April, Brian was my cousin, I was meant to be joined by my two sisters but April was so tiny they towered over her, so it was down to me and some lad who was the page boy. I had to wear a peach dress with flouncy bits (the trauma is still with me to this day) and small floral pattern. I never ever wear dresses (well obvioulsy some times I do, but I’m just not comfy mumfy in them).

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Stretch, and try to get upright with the least amoutn of pain! Then it’s a bathroom moment for ablutions, afterwhich a nice cup of tea!

What was the first concert you ever went to? Michelle Shocked at some university campus in London, it was when she did her Short Sharped Shocked tour.

First tattoo or piercing? Earrings, one per ear, at age 13. Had a tattoo done when I was about 28.


First celebrity crush? Probably Amanda Donahoe, in fact I still harbour a secret
admiration (oh darn its nto secret anymore)!


Age of first kiss? It coudln't have been that eventful as I’ve blocked it out,
probably was with a guy, hey maybe that’s why I can’t recall it!

First crush? I take it you mean one of those uncontrollable emotional things rather than the other where you squish someone? If the former then it was my PE teacher.


First time you did drugs? I went to some party in the back of beyond around Margate/Ramsgate way and someone put speed in my drink, well I’m manic at the best of time and on speed I’m just plain awful. Never done anything like that again.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Heya {{{Moley!}}} It's weird not to use your real name when I give huggles!
Yep, a prom is a junior-senior dance thingie, a kind of rite of passage here in the States. Lots of pressure to dress and look like a movie star and oodles of pressure to have the "right" date. That's why lots of us pass it up!
I forgot how shitty your teenage years were...so sorry about your first roomies and so glad you survived!
If you can't remember your first-grade teacher, please do tell us about your first teacher crush!? ; )
So sorry about the peach dress but I am utterly green with envy you saw Michelle Shocked! Love her Short Sharp Shocked cd! And, didn't we all have crushes on our PE teachers? They were such easy targets for little girl lesbians!

Thanks for sharing you firsts, Moley!

P. S. Your link to friendsreunited is misspelled, Hon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home