12 April 2006


Missing in Action ~ well sort of not so much action and more of the missing.

Last week I received a long awaited delivery from www.amazon.co.uk and as soon as I nabbed the package from the old postie (yes he was an old man delivering my mail) I rushed into my abode to open it. Ripped packaging moment and there nestled amongst the bubble wrap was my item.

What was it? Was it a book, music…? No it was a new game for my PS2 and my excitement was way up there! Yeah right up there. No higher… keep looking!

It was none other than a copy of the new Lara Croft game; Legend. Fanbloodytastic. I’m a hardened (well soft really) Lara fan and have all the games in my collection, I just can’t bare to part exchanged them so they sit on my shelf, and every now and then I dip back into them although I’ve completed them all. So now I have the newest game to add to my collection and I couldn’t wait to play it. Check out the web site
www.tombraider.com

To say I couldn’t wait to get rid of the builder who arrived on Saturday morning accompanied by an electrician to try and finally get the under floor heating in the kitchen fixed is an understatement. Okay so working under floor heating is more beneficial than say my PS2 game, but I didn’t care, I wanted to be a spoilt child and allowed to play and forget the fact that I was an adult and thus should be doing my chores! Sod that!

However it was not until Sunday afternoon that I got a chance to play a bit, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I had to sort out dinner and other mundane stuff I’d still be there now. Monday sadly was a work day and then the hectic preparation for a dinner party. Which went well, it was the first time I’ve cooked a meal for people other than family. It was some of the girls from the stoolball club, and before any of you ask what the hell Stoolball is check out this web site:
www.stoolball.co.uk and all your questions should be answered! The season is fast approaching and the first practices are in the next couple of weeks, but I digress… back to Lara!

Yesterday was a true PS2 fest day and although I sadly have to admit I’ve killed Lara a few times, (bless her cotton socks) we are, together managing to get through the game! In fact I can’t believe I’ve taken a break from it to come and post on here. What am I thinking!

I accept that Lara is in essence not real, but I’m sure in my heart she is. Yes I know I sound like a sad geek, but who cares, I don’t. People who watch me play, such as my significant others laugh there heads off, because I become part of Lara so when she peeks round a corner so do I, and I’m sure my bobbing in my seat, gives her extra lift on those tricky jumps! I know I’m disillusioned.

Surely you can see the attraction; her whole persona is hot, with a capital ‘H’! And Angelina Jolie, brought her to life fabulously in my opinion, which evidently is biased as I think Jolie is super too! Sigh!

Well that’s enough for now, she be calling me and I must run, leap, shoot, dive, roll, swim oh no that's not me that's Lara! Hey I can dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home