08 May 2006

I’ve been away but now I’m back!

By the lack of updates on my blog it shouldn’t take a genius to realise I’ve been a bit busy recently and today I’m able to offer an update on my inane life!

Stoolball season is back upon us and for the very first time I’ve become an umpire. Okay I admit I’ve never had any experience of doing this task but surely it’s not that difficult. I trundled out for the first time last Wednesday 3rd May 2006 and didn’t do a bad job me thinks. It is kind of weird standing right in the middle of the field of play without offering yourself to receive a ball being thrown in. I often had to stop myself for reaching out to catch the ball! (When I play I play in close in a slip position or as wicket keeper, which means I’m often near to the wicket hence I had to catch the ball when it’s thrown back from the boundary).


I’ve also discovered other than trying to inhibit your natural desire to get involved you’ve got to be quite good at flinching and getting your lardy arse out the way, if a batsman hits the ball toward the position which you had taken up to umpire. I’m sure one of the girls from Graffham (our opposition) was definitely trying to take me out like a skittle by using the ball as a bullet aimed straight for me! Just as well I was feeling alert! Bruises from Stoolballs aren’t particularly attractive!

3 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

PMSL..... STOOLBALL? I need an explanation right now Penny. Cause here that translates to SHITBALL!

Love Yvonne

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Moley123 said...

Well Von.. you keep p'ing yourself and you'll get sores! ROFL. There is a link to it on the page, click on the underlined word of Stoolball and off you go.

:-)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Ahhhhhh now I see! But still.... stoolball? ROFLMAO..... and thanks to you revving my hubby up I ALREADY HAVE SORE BITS!

And oh my wasnt it fun getting them!

Love Yvonne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home