13 November 2007

October has flown past and we are now into the throws of November. Finally the weather is starting to feel a bit winter like and it seems the UK, (well here in the south) has bypassed autumn for now, only last week I was wondering round in tee shirts, feeling all hot due to sunshine. This week has seen a change however, call me mad but I love scraping off ice from my car, the fresh air is invigorating and I see it as a way of cleansing my lungs.

This time of year always makes me feel good inside, I'm not sure if it's due to the copious amounts of fireworks going off (which are starting to annoy me for sure now, as my cat is freaking each time a bang is made), or because it is the lead up to Christmas. Please note I am feeling quite smug as I have purchased some of my presents. Yes I know its early but there is a reason and a major one at that.

You see we've offered to host christmas this year for my partner's family, which means I have a definate 11 arriving for christmas dinner which could increase to 14, and they'll be staying until after boxing day. Though I haven't got definate leaving times as yet... (Note to self don't make them feel too at home as they might choose to stay right up until New Year!)

So over the next month we're going to be moving loads of stuff around the house to make sure there is somewhere for people to sleep comfortably. The drums have to be dismantled and placed in the loft. My suggestion, though my partner thinks they'll be fine under a bed somewhere, that is until I pointed out that drums do increase echo, and some of the people staying do snore... Can you imagine snoring intensified... yep that's why they are going into the loft, safely out of snoring distance.

The holiday in Gran Canaria went well, I actually felt like I relaxed and kicked back. We visited a placed called Anfi, see www.anfi.com it's a 5 star resort and it is gorgeous. On return to the UK we looked into joining it, it is a timeshare thingy and have instigated the process of buying a week from a private seller on a 2 bed apartment there. Buying privately was considerably cheaper than buying direct from the Anfi organisation.

I'm meant to be writing an essay for my course at the moment, so I'm leaving for now. Hopefully I'll be back soon after I've made my list re the preparations for christmas etc..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home