12 June 2006

I'm incensed! Nope I'm mightily grumpy!

As some of you know I've had work done in my house, namely had bathroom's re-fitted and I purchased all the white goods (loo, bath, showers and sinks etc) from BMI in Burgess Hill. And I have to say they weren't run of the mill items so I paid adequately for them. However the quality is good!

My builder being a clumsy oaf damaged the shower plinth, which wasn't discovered until late into the project, so I went into the showroom and ordered a replacement. This was in January (note the month please!).

I get a call in March (yes March) to tell me one has arrived, this is after I spent many times chasing for an update etc. So I dash off and collect it. It is well packaged and I opt to take it home in its packaging to protect it during the I get home and peal off the several layers of shrink wrap, remove the protective stays, I discover this plinth is cracked in 2 places. Curses galore.

So we return to the showroom and ask to order another. I was offered a refund at the time, while I waited but opted not to take it as I knew I needed one so would have to pay for it eventually. I left the showroom with a promise that I would be called when the next one comes in.

Well as its now June and I got no phone call, I went into the showroom in my lunch break. There in the office was a plinth, and yes deep joy it was mine! Yippee... but (you just knew there was going to be a but didn't ya), it had a small crack in that the manufacturer had filled in, and I was told by the showroom staff that it wouldn't be noticeable as it was the bottom side.

They were wrong, as it would be visible as it's the top edge of the plinth and when I said surely they wouldn't want me to take an item that I paid 100% cost for which had been repaired, without recieving some money off? But yes that's what they actually wanted! OMG do they think I'm stupid!

When I voiced my concerns over their stance, voiced not shouted as claimed by their staff! If I'd of shouted you'd all of heard I can tell you. The manager (yes manager walked away!) I am appalled by now! He then returns and said he'll order me another! To which I retort how long am I going to have to wait for this then? Eh? Another 3 months per chance? No way!

I told him clearly I'd take the repaired one away if I could have some money taken off, but he said he couldn't do that as it was the manufacturers fault it was damaged. Obviously I pointed out I was his customer and he was their's so he should address my needs and in turn address his own with the manufacturer, but hey that's not possible! Great customer service not!

Even when I asked if they placed the repaired item on show for sale would it be at full retail price or reduced, he admitted reduced but still wouldn't let me have it at a reduced price. Evidently I'm missing something here, but for the life of me can't think what!

I left empty handed with a promise of a call by 2.30 today, wherein I would be told when the plinth would be delivered. I will concede the manager intimated if the next one arrives damaged (whenever that might be) I'll get a replacement for free and a full refund! Believe that when I see it.





4 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Moley123 said...

Deep joy it's 2.50 pm, so much for my call by 2.30! Deep breath, deep breath, hold off calling to harrass, give them a bit of leeway!

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Jess said...

That just sucks! Customer service doesn't exist! That's why I hate to go shopping, no one wants to work and they refuse to help you. I wish they would realize that if it wasn't for people like us they wouldn't be getting a pay check! Maybe you'll get it soon and it will be perfect. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Moley123 said...

It didn't come! So I got the repaired one at a less than half price. So I'm kind of happy, fortunately the repair evidence is miniscule! phew! Now I've just got to fit the bloody thing. I'm hunting for my DIY book right now! lol.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Jess said...

LMAO! My DIY skills are awful, I hope yours are better. My repair usually includes some tape and super glue. But at least you got a good price on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home