03 June 2006

What luck!

Having had a bit of a gruesome week with pain, and extra activites not wanted (see earlier post re my trauma), I had a right result the other day.

As mentioned I'd ordered a new TV which got delivered on Thursday and I had to chip into my savings to pay for it. It was a major extravagance and yet I thought what's the point in waiting, I could get run over by a lorry tommorow, oh no that's right that's already happened, but still. Alright I admit it, I just wanted it and I'd decided to regress into a spoilt child and had a must have need!

Onto the right result! I had to pop into my local town Worthing to go to my bank to get a cheque drawn to pay for the family holiday. I've been very good putting money away each month to pay for this, and having asked for the cheque to be drawn, I decided to close the account as I'm no longer paying money into it. So we started the closing process.

I was met with an 'Ooooh' by the cashier, who said there seems to be an error as your account has now shown an increase of £2000! And so I was asked if I was expecting any monies to be paid in... Wishing I was, I could only say 'No', gloomily. So a call was made to head office to see why I had the increase etc.

On the cashier's return I was advised it was the interest payment for the account for the year, which would have been put in mid June, but as I'd closed it before then, it came in now. It seems it was accrued as I had my compensation money sitting in the account before it all got tied up in hte new home etc. So the £2000 was all mine to have! Yee ha. How big a cheesy grin did I have??? Huge!

Which means I managed to pay back some of the money I borrowed out of savings for the TV, so now I sit watching the TV which the bank paid for! Yippee!

No doubt I've used my luck up for the year, so I'm going to be real careful from now on!

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jess said...

If you find any extra luck like that laying around, send it to me, I could use some. You've been thru enough, you deserved this.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

O M F G! You bitch! I am so jealous! I think my bank account earned like 2cents interest last year. That may be because no one was putting any money into it... and I emptied it the year before paying for nice drugs for my back! But that's beside the point! LOL

Good on you Penny. Enjoy the super dooper TV, you deserve something magnificent to play with Lara on
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home