16 June 2006

Fear alleviated for a further 6 months!

I don’t know about the rest of you but I hate going to the Dentist. The whole concept of it fills me with dread… Which is why when I missed my 6 month check up in January I wasn’t too bothered, until I knew I’d have to go back at some point and off I trundled on Wednesday.

I’m sure I have an aversion to the Dentist due to the horrific amount of orthodontic work I had as a teen and even look back at that time makes me shiver. I so loved my braces not! And that over the head into the mouth thingy to help straighten my jaw and my teeth was delightful, such a crowd pleaser, the offers of dates just rolled in whilst I was wearing it. Yeah right! Nothing like being ostracized!

Then there's always thepleasant sounds that orignate whilst in the chair. Do the drill things really have to whir like that?

Mind you I am blessed with strong teeth, not that I often remove beer caps but I reckon I could. Now that's an attractive thought!

Anyway back to my visit this week, you’ll be pleased to know that I didn’t need anything done! Yippee. I could have skipped! Okay I did skip a little bit as I vacated the building, obviously no-one else could see, but if you wont tell neither will I!

The only downer was that my dentist has now changed from NHS to being solely private, which means I had to part with £34 whole pounds for someone to look inside my mouth, and go “everything’s okay, see you in 6 months”. Which means I can push the thought of dentistry to the back of my mind until 13th December!

I do begrudge being forced to have to pay privately for dental treatment, what other profession charges such extortionate rates, I was in the chair for about 6 minutes which means it cost £5.60 per minute, so on an hourly rate the Dentist is raking in £336! OMG that's horrific! And that's apparently a low rate, well it's the lowest in my area!

Best start saving in case I have to pay more in the future! Where did I put the piggy bank....

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home