05 October 2007

OMG I'm in Agony!

I need sympathy and I need it now! On Wednesday evening I thought I'd do something to help get my body into a bit of shape. I admit I'm never going to achieve a slimtastic body nonetheless I felt ready to try something energetic, so I had a bit of a run around. (Yes I did warm up, yes I did stretch!)

Things were going okay, I hadn't collapsed with an asthma attack, my boobs hadn't given me black eyes (thank you sports bra) and then ping, wrench, the back of my right thigh just sort of went. I assume it's my hamstring and that I've torn it, strained it, whatever, I'm no medical person. I just know it hurts and sitting down is a tear to the eye experience. As is walking, driving just about anything which involves movement.

So logic tells me that excercise and I dont equate....

I'm quite peeved about it as I was meant to be attending my second lecture for my MA this morning and have had to pull out due to it! Today was an introduction on qualitative research, mind you I may swap this module for quantative which doesn't start until later in the semester.

Had my first lecture on Wednesday morning, it was an analysis of the criminal policy imposed by the Government over the past 10 years. Bet you think that's riveting eh?

In mid november I'm leading the seminar on Marxist criminology so if anyone reads my blog and has any information which would help feel free to comment, any help is much appreciated.

At least whilst lounging around nursing my injury I've got more time to read, I can't believe how much more reading there is on an MA to a BA course. Wondering now if I've done the right thing, but hey ho, it's early days yet. Hopefully I'll get into the swing of things and things will seem easier.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Jess said...

You exercised? You have seriously lost it. No females should ever exercise... I know this one isn't. Nope, I'm not gonna. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Take a break and let it rest. You're way too busy!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Moley123 said...

Ah ty Jess, your kind words did bring a smile. So does eating brownies and other lovely sweet fattening things count as resting? I sure hope so as they taste so lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home